Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 is a year of plenty

Hey kittens,

Back from break and feeling so good, feeling so right. Let's start things off with my favorite youtube clip I saw over the holiday as posted by the dreamy David Michael

2009 is the Year of the Ox. So says Wikipedia, so says I - "the Ox is unswervingly patient, tireless in their work, and capable of enduring any amount of hardship without complaint." In honor of the Ox, the crew has already hit the ground running.

This Saturday, Mr. Pam is hosting the Barter-Mart-Craft-Swap-Thrif-O-Rama, ringing in the tidings of our new Gift Economy. For inspiration, check out the unparalleled Sarah Sandman. We've been developing a collaborative essay, which will be one of our trading chips at the bartering table (but we'll probably just give it out). If you'd like to attend Mr. Pam's Wild Ride, holler at me and I'll send details.

Also, Scot and I have locked in the First Wednesdays of the month for Really?, Bushwick's first queer night at Northeast Kingdom. Keep your eyes peeled for facebook and myspace links.

Lotsa other secret plans in the works. Time for the ox to get back to work.

No comments: